For the summer of 2020, LOFL camp will not be running its traditional camp due to safety concerns. In place of camp, LOFL will be offering virtual tutoring (1:1 and small group) for children who are rising K through rising 6th grade. If you are interested in being matched with a tutor, please email the following information to: email@example.com
- Your child’s name and grade they are entering in Sept 2020
- Are you interested in one-on-one or small group tutoring?
- Which academic areas would you like the tutor to focus on (i.e. phonemic awareness, letter/sound correspondence, handwriting, reading fluency, comprehension, study skills. etc)
- The length of time you would like your child to be tutored (i.e. 45 minutes, 60 minutes)
- Are you interested in only virtual sessions or open to in-person sessions (in following the state’s guidelines) should that become a summer option?
- When would you like to begin sessions? How many weeks are you interested in?
We will contact you within a few days of receiving your tutoring requests to help set you up with a tutor that best meets your child’s needs.
What We Do:
Our award winning summer literacy program for rising kindergartners through rising 3rd graders is designed to strengthen your child’s literacy skills using a hands-on, effective approach.
Daily instruction, delivered by certified reading specialists and classroom teachers, includes literacy-based activities that target skills in phonemic awareness, decoding, sight word recognition, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension and writing. We maintain low student-teacher ratios to ensure differentiated instruction. Each session is uniquely designed to meet the needs/learning style of the specific campers in that session.
During our built in “Meet and Greet” dates before camp begins, we identify each child’s areas of strength and areas for growth to help us individualize our instruction in preparation for each session.
Throughout camp, teachers will be providing daily emailed progress reports to families that will include descriptions of skills/strategies introduced, the camp activities for that day, and ‘home connections’ as ideas for additional support and enrichment.
Session 2: July 20 – 24
Session 3: July 27 – 31
(all sessions include a snack break – children bring their own nut-free snack each day)
- 9:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m.
Lunch Bunch: Offered (pay by the day) daily from 12:00 – 1:00. Children will have a half hour to eat their packed lunch followed by a half hour of outdoor recess.
Lunch Bunch is $12/day
(lunch bunch cost is included if camper attends AM literacy camp and PM enrichment camp).
- $300 per 1 week sessions
- $585 for 2 week July session
- Early Bird: 5% discount until March 1st
- Sibling: 5% discount