For the summer of 2021, LOFL camp will not be running its traditional camp due to safety concerns. In place of camp, LOFL will be offering in-person and virtual tutoring (1:1 and small group) for children who are rising K through rising 6th grade. If you are interested in being matched with a tutor, please email the following information to: email@example.com
- Your child’s name and grade they are entering in Sept 2021
- Are you interested in one-on-one or small group tutoring?
- Which academic areas would you like the tutor to focus on (i.e. phonemic awareness, letter/sound correspondence, handwriting, reading fluency, comprehension, study skills. etc)
- The length of time you would like your child to be tutored (i.e. 45 minutes, 60 minutes)
- Are you interested in virtual or in-person tutoring? (if in-person do you prefer in your home, the tutor’s home, library or no preference)
- When would you like to begin sessions? How many weeks are you interested in?
We will contact you within a few days of receiving your tutoring requests to help set you up with a tutor that best meets your child’s needs.
For children who are rising 4th and rising 5th graders (for the 2019-2020 school year), LOFL will be offering a camp session that will focus on continuing to strengthen and develop literacy skills.
Certified teachers with strong backgrounds in the upper elementary grades will be following the LOFL “hands-on” approach by implementing engaging and meaningful instruction in small class sizes that target the following literacy areas:
- Word Study (Greek/Latin roots, prefixes/suffixes)
- Figurative Language
- Comprehension/critical thinking skills through novel study
- Writing Skills: organizational writing, writing purposes (informative/entertaining/persuasive), and grammar skills
Similar to our camp sessions for children ages rising K – rising 3rd grade, teachers will be providing daily emailed progress reports to families that will include descriptions of skills/strategies introduced, the camp activities for that day, and ‘home connections’ as ideas for additional support and enrichment.
Session 2: July 20 – 24
Session 3: July 27 – 31
- One week sessions – $300
- Daily lunch bunch offered from 12:00 – 1:00 (campers bring a nut-free lunch and participate in a follow up outdoor recess). Lunch Bunch is $12/day. (lunch bunch cost is included if camper attends AM literacy camp and PM enrichment camp).
*Full-day camp options available through afternoon enrichment camps