Please check back in during the coming weeks for updates on whether LOFL will run its traditional in-person summer camp or a variety of other options like last summer.
Stay safe and well!
For the summer of 2020, LOFL camp will not be running its traditional camp due to safety concerns. In place of camp, LOFL will be offering virtual tutoring (1:1 and small group) for children who are rising K through rising 6th grade. If you are interested in being matched with a tutor, please email the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your child’s name and grade they are entering in Sept 2020
- Are you interested in one-on-one or small group tutoring?
- Which academic areas would you like the tutor to focus on (i.e. phonemic awareness, letter/sound correspondence, handwriting, reading fluency, comprehension, study skills. etc)
- The length of time you would like your child to be tutored (i.e. 45 minutes, 60 minutes)
- Are you interested in only virtual sessions or open to in-person sessions (in following the state’s guidelines) should that become a summer option?
- When would you like to begin sessions? How many weeks are you interested in?
We will contact you within a few days of receiving your tutoring requests to help set you up with a tutor that best meets your child’s needs.
For children who are rising 4th and rising 5th graders (for the 2019-2020 school year), LOFL will be offering a camp session that will focus on continuing to strengthen and develop literacy skills.
Certified teachers with strong backgrounds in the upper elementary grades will be following the LOFL “hands-on” approach by implementing engaging and meaningful instruction in small class sizes that target the following literacy areas:
- Word Study (Greek/Latin roots, prefixes/suffixes)
- Figurative Language
- Comprehension/critical thinking skills through novel study
- Writing Skills: organizational writing, writing purposes (informative/entertaining/persuasive), and grammar skills
Similar to our camp sessions for children ages rising K – rising 3rd grade, teachers will be providing daily emailed progress reports to families that will include descriptions of skills/strategies introduced, the camp activities for that day, and ‘home connections’ as ideas for additional support and enrichment.
Session 2: July 20 – 24
Session 3: July 27 – 31
- One week sessions – $300
- Daily lunch bunch offered from 12:00 – 1:00 (campers bring a nut-free lunch and participate in a follow up outdoor recess). Lunch Bunch is $12/day. (lunch bunch cost is included if camper attends AM literacy camp and PM enrichment camp).
*Full-day camp options available through afternoon enrichment camps