For children who are rising 4th and rising 5th graders (for the 2019-2020 school year), LOFL will be offering a camp session that will focus on continuing to strengthen and develop literacy skills.
Certified teachers with strong backgrounds in the upper elementary grades will be following the LOFL “hands-on” approach by implementing engaging and meaningful instruction in small class sizes that target the following literacy areas:
- Word Study (Greek/Latin roots, prefixes/suffixes)
- Figurative Language
- Comprehension/critical thinking skills through novel study
- Writing Skills: organizational writing, writing purposes (informative/entertaining/persuasive), and grammar skills
Similar to our camp sessions for children ages rising K – rising 3rd grade, teachers will be providing daily emailed progress reports to families that will include descriptions of skills/strategies introduced, the camp activities for that day, and ‘home connections’ as ideas for additional support and enrichment.
- Session 1: July 8 –12, 9:00 – 12:00
- Session 2: July 15 – 19, 9:00 – 12:00
- Session 3: July 29 – August 2, 9:00 – 12:00
- Session 4: August 5 – 9, 9:00 – 12:00
- One week sessions – $300
- Daily lunch bunch offered from 12:00 – 1:00 (campers bring a nut-free lunch and participate in a follow up outdoor recess). Lunch Bunch is $12/day. (lunch bunch cost is included if camper attends AM literacy camp and PM enrichment camp).
*Full-day camp options available through afternoon enrichment camps